Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Shop Admin Problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - February 29 2008 :  08:25:07  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recently had to change servers. I uploaded the files to the new server. I checked the DB and did some test emails. Everything seems ok. But I went to log into the backend admin and if I enter a wrong password I get the correct error message.

But when I type everything correctly the shopadmin1.asp page is just blank. It shows the background color but no text. So I am logged in but just can't see anything but the purple background color.

When I view source I see this:

<font face="Arial" size=2>
<p>ADODB.Connection</font> <font face="Arial" size=2>error '800a0e78'</font>
<p>
<font face="Arial" size=2>Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.</font>
<p>
<font face="Arial" size=2>/shop$db.asp</font><font face="Arial" size=2>, line 846</font>

And line 846 displays this:
Set objRec = con.Execute(SQL)

Please help as I need to get into this backend ASAP, Thank you, Preston.

Edited by - prahna1 on March 01 2008 08:20:44

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - February 29 2008 :  11:44:21  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you perhaps have a broken link to a css file that controls the display of that page? Just a thought.

View the source of the shopadmin1.asp when it loads in your browser and see if there is anything indicative of what might be going on.

Regards,

Jon Madrid
---------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting Services
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - March 01 2008 :  13:48:26  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The database connection that is being used is not open. Can you post 10-15 lines of code from both before and after line 846 in shop$db.asp?

Regards,

Jon Madrid
---------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting Services
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

jackrhittlellc
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - March 02 2008 :  19:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure your "xshopid" in shop$config is unique. Don't use the default as duplicate session variables on the same server causes blank pages and many other anomolies.
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 23 2008 :  23:11:11  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, what I've determined is that VPASP is trying to look for an SQL database for some reason. In my shop$db.asp file I have database blank:

const xdatabasetype=""

This should look for an Access database, which is what I have, but it's looking for SQL.

Here is the code from line 835 to line 867, it's the same file you have I didn't change anything:

' all admin now must use standard open
Sub OpenDB (ByRef con, d)
ShopOpenDatabase con
End Sub
%>
<%
'--------
Function GetAccess(user, con)
dim objRec
sql = "select * from tbluser where fldusername = '" & user & "'"

if not objrec.eof then
getaccess = objrec("fldaccess")
else
getaccess=""
end if

if getaccess = "" then
if lcase(getsess("Admintype")) = "supplier" then
sql = "select * from tbluser where fldusername = 'supplier'"
if not objrec.eof then
getaccess = objrec("fldaccess")
else
getaccess=""
end if
end if
end if

objRec.Close
set objrec=nothing
End Function

--

Should i convert to an sql database or does anyone know how I can fix this? the only variable is that I switched hosting companies. I asked them about it but they said that the db connection is there and it should be working, that the problem is in the code and they don't look into the code.

Please Help!!! Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 24 2008 :  06:33:26  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you shouldn't be using the OpenDB function directly(eg you'd use ShopOpenDatabase or ShopOpenDatabaseP instead, or EditOpenDatabase for a specific table etc), there must be some custom-coded stuff in your code somewhere that hasn't been done right, or the config settings are wrong. You shouldn't need to upgrade to sqlserver or mysql; it should all work fine in access.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 24 2008 :  07:31:22  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The only thing I changed was the hosting company. I don't really know how to write code so there is no custom code and I'm not sure what you mean by:

(eg you'd use ShopOpenDatabase or ShopOpenDatabaseP instead, or EditOpenDatabase for a specific table etc),

How do I change to use these?

Preston
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 24 2008 :  12:59:01  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try changing your xshopid in the shop$config.asp file; it might be that your session/cookie is still referencing the old site's full path for the access database.
eg if your xshopid is:
mysite650

then change it to:
mysite650_001

that'll force it to pick up any change to the location

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 25 2008 :  00:12:37  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried that already. Why is it looking for sql and not finding my access database?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

ehkomusic
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - April 01 2008 :  11:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed that if you FTP the database down to a local system and then re-upload it that you get this error, but if I download the DB by direct link and then FTP upload it, it works ok.

Does anyone know why though?
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  12:44:00  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah I just uploaded the database file from the server instead of through dreamweaver and it works. Don't know why but it's probably the hosting company because I've never had this issue with other hosts.
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  12:58:03  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, when I upload this it loads in but when I change the permissions then I get the errors. If I don't change the permissions then I can see the shopadmin but cannot write to the db to change anything. What's going on with this. I also have other sites hosted with this and at this host with no problems. This is really pissing me off!!!
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  14:53:59  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So I called the hosting company and told them that I can't set the write permission. I asked if they could try to set it on their end. Viola!. It worked. Not sure why it's not working on my end. But that did the trick. Ask your hosting company to set the write (or all) permissions on their end for your database.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00