Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Stored Shipping Address
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rrold1
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - February 20 2008 :  13:56:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone added a feature where customer shipping address is stored in the customer and orders table so that it is automatically shown when repeat customers are checking out? Multiple stored shipping addreses would be even better with radio buttons to select which they want to use with the option of editing, adding or deleting. Some of our customers have more than one address and find it a bit cumbersome to keep filling out the form even when their ship to address never changes (different from bill to).

I would think that the best place for this would be between the present bill to and ship to forms. Possibly send them to their account page and be redirected back after adding/editing an address?

Add-on anyone?

Edited by - rrold1 on February 20 2008 14:07:21

seeker1
VP-CART New User

Australia
114 Posts

Posted - February 20 2008 :  14:00:32  Show Profile  Visit seeker1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have developed an add-on called the Address Book which allows customers to main a complete list of shipping and delivery addreses.

They can add and delete these as needed. They can use a checkbox to say to save the shipping address for use in future orders.

www.hkprog.com/vpasp/addressbook.htm

Howard Kadetz
www.hkprog.com
[email protected]
VP-ASP customizations and software enhancements
Go to Top of Page

rrold1
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - February 20 2008 :  15:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Howard,

Great stuff! It is pretty close to what I need but I do see where a bit of confusion could occur. When testing, I added two alternate addresses but the drop down gives them the same name (first and last name). In addition, the only way that the user can tell if the correct address has been chosen is to proceed forward two pages.

Suggestion:
Why not just have the full addresses display with a radio button to select which one to use.

Initial visit
Basically just like you have it

Return visits (if they add it to the address book):
Shipping Address - Select or add new below
radio button 1 = same as billing (edit link)
radio button 2 = Alternate shipping (1) (edit link)
radio button 3 = Alternate shipping (2) (edit link)
or add new address below.

I purchase from a company with a similar set up and was so impressed that I decided that I had to have it to make my customers just as happy.

Anyway, I may just grab it as is and see if I can customize it to my needs. If the above makes sense to you, I am sure that your expertise would allow you to do it in a flash and I'd bet that you would sell even more copies!

Steve

One other thing: The reminder feature is a great idea!

Edited by - rrold1 on February 20 2008 15:41:57
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00