Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Google Vs, Yahoo.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - February 09 2008 :  12:42:13  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not sure if anyone is interested in discussing this, but if you have a site, it should interest you.

Origianlly most of us started on Yahoo seach engine. At some point yahoo contracted to google to handle the search for them (huge mistake fo yahoo) , when google broke off I and many other used google becasue it indexed all the the pages of a site giving you better results when looking for something.

I started with about 3000 pages on goggle, as google got bigger then decided to not index all the pages anymore.

To see how many pages are indexed in google enter site:www.youwebsite.com. The same goes for Yahoo and MSN.

We have 2700 pages on yahoo but only 350 or so on google now.

I just spent a huge amount of time (weeks) searching google for a google sitemap error problem. Never could find an aswner that worked. Today I decided that if Google doesnt index all the pages and Yahoo does, wouldnt it make more sense to search yahoo instead. So I did, I found the answer right away and now I am absoultly going to switch back to yahoo. BTW Microsoft index's all of our pages as well.

The big thing is, why isnt Yahoo and Microsoft advertising that fact?

Why not an ad "How can you find find they dont even index, try Yahoo for better information". of something like that.

Does that make sense to anyone? If they did it, Google would have to go back to indexing all the pages, and all of us would benetfit wouldnt we?

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - February 20 2008 :  08:19:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean, I have started to use Y a lot more then G. The problem is the general public prefer G.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop
Go to Top of Page

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - February 20 2008 :  12:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by apswater

We have 2700 pages on yahoo but only 350 or so on google now.

If you haven't done it already, go sign up for Google Webmaster Tools ( http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ ) and see what's going on from Google's end. There may be some technical reason why they aren't reaching those files.

If the general public prefers Google for web searching, that's the most important and useful place to have your pages listed. Customers who don't find you won't buy from you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00